Saturday, April 7, 2007

START HERE - By Way of Introduction

If you intend reading this blog there are some things you should know. This blog is a kind of retro-blog in which I will post parts of the story of my journy into the Catholic Church. My regular rants and ramblings are posted on my main blog Lightly Salted.

Please keep in mind the text here was not originally written for you, but as a letter to my children to explain why I left the Lutheran Ministry and sought entry into the Roman Catholic Church.

In this 2007 edit, I have removed some names, events and places of people to protect their privacy, I ask that you too respect their privacy and that of my family in accepting this document as it stands.

This is not a complete documentation of my journey into the Church by any means. It is simply a snapshot, taking from my rambling and rather random attempts to journal my thoughts and feelings as I stumbled through this difficult time. I have added excerpts from other relevant documents at times to flesh out the account.

My overall 'conversion story' is a matter of public record. It has been recorded and the recordings are sold by Lumen Verum, and shown on EWTN on the Journey Home show. I don't like the word 'conversion' in relation to my faith journey. I explain my thoughts on conversion here.

Because I wrote most of this in the time between resigning my position as a Lutheran Minister and being recieved into the Catholic Church, it tends to be a mix of happenings at the time and snippets of eariler history which are relevant to the story. One day I will get around to writing it up properly. In the meantime I hope it isn't too garbled.

You should be aware that to read the posts in order you will have to begin with the earlier posts and work through the later posts. Start from this post and there should be a link to the next post at the bottom of each page. Just keep clicking the link at the bottom to keep reading the story in the order I wrote it.

Read on!

No comments: